1. What payment methods do you accept and how often do we pay?
I accept local checks and cash only. Lessons are prepaid a month in advance. This guarantees a time slot for your lessons.
2. Do we need to own a piano or keyboard before starting lessons?
Yes, if you are planning to start piano lessons, but not for voice lessons. Your keyboard must have weighted keys to be able to control the volume of your instrument.
3. How long does it take to learn to play piano ?
There is no definitive answer to this question. It depends on the students learning pace, time spent practicing at home, and proficiency level that you seek.
4. Can I take a lesson every few weeks?
Weekly lessons are highly recommended. Lessons twice a week are ideal, especially for beginners. Taking lessons on a regular basis accelerates your learning faster.
5. Why can't I play the piano with long nails?
Long fingernails inhibit your hands from moving easily around the keyboard. Another problem is the inevitable clicking sound they make when they tap against the keys. This distracts the audience who want to hear music.
6. Can I get a make-up lesson if I cancel the same day?
Cancellations without at least 24 hour notice cannot be made-up, unless it's an emergency like an accident or death in the family.
7. How much time should I spend practicing?
It depends on your age and the length of your lesson. However, you should practice, at minimum, 30 minutes per day and 5 days a week.
8. Is performing in public mandatory?
No. It is not mandatory for adults, but I expect children to perform in public at least once a year.
9. How do I contact you if I have more questions?
Please write to email@example.com or call @480-688-3093.